Saturday, February 10, 2007

CHUCK A PUCK!!!!!

Last night I went to the Hockey game with Michelle, Jerliyn, Trisha (Jerilyn's Sister), and some of Jerilyn's friends from SLC! Oh my goodness what a night we had! There was so much happening that I got out my post-it notes and took notes on the entire night! For the sake of not having this become the longest post in history I am just going to list all the wonderful experiences and sights, with some explanation!

  • Nutty Bavarian cart, there was a nice picture of a bavarian in traditional clothes, and a lady who got up every so often to stir the nuts.
  • As we were walking in there was a table that was selling pucks. We saw a lady who had a purse full of them, so I went to make a purchase. Turns out they were rubber pucks for a contest called "Chuck a Puck"!! Trisha and I made the purchase while one of the ladys yelled CHUCK A PUCK at the top of her lungs! No worries I kept one of the pucks!
  • We found our seats, and then I surveyed the crowd, I was excited to find a family who were putting on their green wigs, and yelling into their cheerleader Megaphone!!
  • The Grizzly were playing the Ice Dogs--> as opposed to the Hot Dogs?
  • 4 seconds into the game there was a fight, I have no clue why it started, but it was cool!
  • The fight was followed up by clips from the simpsons of Homer fighting
  • The second fight was about 3 minutes later! Yeah FIGHT!!!
  • The fights led to the Penalty box being advertised, no worries the DUI Hotline sponsored the penalty box! Of course who better!!
  • There was a warning of flying objects, ie: Sticks, Pucks, Players gloves and Helmets =)
  • There was some interesting players last names, and some that sounded interesting: Cheeseman, Andy Cervix??? And one that Jerilyn pronounced differently each time she said it.
  • There was a fan wearing a jersy with Puckers on the back! Humm I wonder if that really is someone's last name??
  • The advertisments on the huge Jumbotron also were note worthy: WWE-Same crowd? I think YES! The Crosspoint Church sponsoring the "Save" of the day. Oh and the best of the night, the marriage Proposal! What a story to tell the grandkids one day!
  • One of the most disturbing things of the whole night was Grizzbee the mascot. He was a perv! We called him Grossbee. He took pictures of his Butt on Jerilyn's camera, attacked small children and did some wierd hip motions while trying to get the drunk guys behind us to mingle with us!
  • There was little boys flashing their belly, and a very important wristband check on the guys behind us. One didn't have a wristband so the security came to make sure he was 21! Good thing he was!








Overall it was a great night! I am thinking I should buy some season Tickets for next year! ;) I will always remember my first Hockey game, and the fun memories!!! Even though the Grizzly lost 4-3 to the Ice Dogs!

2 comments:

michelleyv said...

Go GriZZ! I don't care what you say, I'd kill to stir Bavarian nuts for a living.

Anonymous said...

You know you thought the drunk guys were HOT!! We should have chucked our pucks at them.