Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Quote of the Century!

School today was so interesting. In the first class "grandpa" decided to take a simple did anyone honor Martin Luther King, JR. question and turn it in to a discussion about racial issues now a days, people of alternative life-styles, and mixed race couples. He was going off, and at one point talked about being in Alabama two weeks after the march that took place. Talk about dating yourself. I think my teacher has a new idol and Best Friend! They hung out after class for like 20mins shooting the breeze. But, I don't think anything tops what happened in my second class. We watched this movie about Islamic cultures that was kinda disturbing, and after it was over somehow my teacher got on the subject of the vagina monologes. I have no clue what they are about or really anything about them BUT some "mom/grandma" in the class said and I quote, "The Vagina monologes? I have never heard of such a thing! Does the vagina talk?" No joke, oh my goodness we were all trying sooooo hard not to laugh at her. It is forever going to go down in history as the best comment in a classroom setting. Our teacher quickly ended class and let us go, but I think she still was trying to figure out what she said that was so shocking! Oh my freaking goodness, what would I do for comic relief if I didn't go to class! It is because of days like today that I keep waking up in the morning and going to school!
P.S. It was soooo cold today that in the short walk out to my car, I lost feeling in my fingers and I kept checking to make sure my nose was still there! NO MORE COLD!!!!!

No comments: