Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Eye Opening day!

So today in class we went over that values assignment that I was doing last night (see previous entry). We got into groups and compared how we had ranked things. I was suprised to see that a lot of people had listed family pretty high, but there was a good number of people who put religion in the bottom half and at least 3 or so who put it very last. It made me think as they tried to explain why they ranked it how they did. I thought about religion vs family last night and which was more important, but I have always been taught to put the Lord first and Family second. So.. yeah it is an opinion assignment! Also today it took all that I had to keep my mouth shut (well at least quiet enough that certain people could not hear me) during my first class. There is a guy who will now be called grandpa, who has already finished a couple degrees, and is a retired police officer. He tried to make a point that having a family member die in a hospital is the same as a person fighting the war in Iraq being killed. I finally just zoned out, after like 10minutes of him ranting and raving! I am all for people going to school and education, but sometimes the "moms", "dads", "grandmas", and "grandpas" can become annoying! I can only imagine if my mom was the one in class, I would probably be equally annoyed if not more so. I have been in trainings for work with my mom before and she just kept talking and asking questions! So in light of this new insight, I have decided that I am going to TRY and be more patient with the Moms and Dads and Grandpas! I am going to add it to my list of New Year goals, which I am still working on! Gosh darn it, I will eventually put that list on here. It is only the 9th and all! =)

No comments: