Monday, February 11, 2008

Long Day

So today was my first day at the American Fork court! I got a little leak in the wall on the drive up but quickly stopped and tried to remain positive! I got to the courthouse and was led on a tour of the building. I put on a happy face all the while wishing I was anywhere but there! I thought I was just going to get my desk and be allowed to go to work, Boy was I wrong! The entire morning was spent with the Assistant Clerk of Court attached to my hip! Every move I made was scrutinized and critiqued. I got the raw end of the lunch hours and am the not so proud owner of the 11:30am until 12:30pm shift. I spent my morning entering documents that will eventually have to be filed and dealing with a micromanager of a supervisor. At 11:33 she freaked out because I was late for lunch ummm it is 3mins calm down! So I left and made it to my car before the wall (that lately has not be sturdy) came crashing down! I sat in the parking lot of Smith's down the street and cried for awhile and talked and texted and then realized I had to go back to work! I splashed some water on the eyes and hopped that no one would notice the red puffy eyes and headed back to hell opps I mean work! The afternoon brought many more interesting moments. Being asked a question, answering it and then having the same answer I had just given repeated to me! I swear it was like I was 5 and didn't know anything! The straw the broke the camels back was when I took a phone call and she put it on speaker phone so she could hear the other side and see how I did with the phones! Oh hell I have been aswering phones since I started IN JULY!!!!!!!!!!! I swear the entire day I felt like she thought I was brand new had never worked a day at the court in my entire life!! And treated me as such! I really hope that tomorrow will be better! Hell maybe she will teach me how to write an email or file a paper! ;)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I don't know if I should be offended or not that I wasn't apart of the wall breaking session.....hmmmmmmmmm....