Thursday, June 30, 2011

And then there was 1...Or will it be 2?

So I have officially completed the first 2 years of law school. Whew...that was fun :) I technically have 1 year left and then next July I will sit for and hopefully pass the Bar Examine! However, with all that has been going on with my Law School's accreditation, I have looked into and applied to transfer to other Law Schools. My list of schools is not long, but it is geographically diverse. My top 3 choices are in Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Michigan. The major issue with my attempt to transfer this late in the game is that most schools will require I take at least 1 semester of units over again if not my entire 2 L year. I know everyone thinks law school gets easier as you go along, but trust me 2L year has been (and probably will be) the WORST year of my life! (k so maybe that is a tad dramatic . . . but you get the point.) I am still figuring out my life and what I should do. Thank you to all of my friends for the texts, phone calls and support. I appreciate your support more than you'll ever know! I have a lot going for me as far as staying goes, I was nominated and elected as SBA President for next year, I am the Technical Editor of a Law Journal, I am close to family and know the system and love the schedule of classes I have for next year. However, I have this nagging feeling regarding what my future holds if I graduate from a school that was stripped of its ABA approval while I was a student. I did receive good news this week that regardless of what happens, I will be able to sit for the Utah Bar, but is that too little too late?! On a brighter note, I am heading up to Fresno tomorrow after work for the weekend, and I have never been more excited to see fields, cows, and foothills then I am right now!

2 comments:

Trent and Meg said...

Love you friend-it will be ok. Promise. :)

Sherman Family said...

So, so proud of you!